How do you get your vehicle ready for Spring you may ask? Well, here are Pugh’s Auto Services 5 Tips to get your car ready for Spring!
April showers bring May flowers. We’ve all heard the saying, but rarely do we think about it when come to preparing our vehicles for Spring weather. So, how do you get your vehicle ready for Spring you may ask? Well, here are Pugh’s Auto Services 5 Tips to get your car ready for Spring!
- Inspect Your Wipers Blades and Filters: During the winter season, snow and ice degrades your wiper blades faster than normal. You don’t want to wait until the first big rainfall to realize your wipers are worn and you need replacement blades. Winter can also put extra strain on the internal systems of your vehicle, so it is important to get those filters checked, and if needed replaced once Spring rolls around.
- Check Your Fluid Levels: Oil and Coolant are vital to your engine. Coolant is responsible for ensuring that your engine does not overheat, while your motor keeps all the internal parts lubricated, to prevent overheating. If either of these are low, or in bad condition, it is essential to change them keep your engine functioning properly.
- Check your Brakes and Brake Lines: Winter brings with it a lot of snow, and with it salt and bromine mixtures. These things can get into your wheels, and into the underbelly of your vehicle and cause rust. Rust and brakes don’t mix. So, it’s always a good idea to have you brakes, rotors, and brake lines checked at the beginning of each spring to ensure they are in optimum condition.
- Check Your Tires: All that salt and bromine takes a toll on our roads which can really put some extra wear and tear on our tires. The cold weather also can shrink the bead, causing the tire to develop slow leaks. This makes it an excellent idea to have your tires checked before those April Showers come. Making sure your tires are inflated properly and are in good condition is a great way to avoid hydroplaning.
- Check Alignment and Suspension: One way to cause extra wear on the tires is by neglecting to keep an eye on your alignment and suspension. Both of which could get throw out just by hitting a pothole wrong. Making sure these two things are in order will keep your tires in better shape for longer, saving you money.
We know all of this can look overwhelming, which is why Pugh’s Auto Service provides free 30-Point Inspections which checks ALL of these items for you. If you don’t know how, or just don’t have time, visit us at 728 Leipsic Rd, Dover, DE and we’ll provide you with a quick inspection. You can also schedule an appointment at www.pughsservice.com or call us at (302)734-4231.